A NEW eBOOK on AEROMAGNETICS
Published by ASEG
Geological Interpretation of Aeromagnetic Data
by Dave Isles and Leigh Rankin
This book is a practical manual for aeromagnetic interpretation written primarily for geologists.
As well as covering the basic physics of magnetic anomalies and chemistry of magnetisation in rocks, it features three expansively worked examples illustrating the integration of aeromagnetics and geology in terrains ranging from Archaean ‘granite-greenstone’ to Phanerozoic sedimentary basins.
It generously illustrates modern imagery and the basic steps in the integration and interpretation process.Based on the short course “Geological Interpretation and Structural Analysis of Aeromagnetic Data” conducted by the authors since 1995, the book aims to provide readers with the basic qualitative observation and interpretation skills necessary for integration of aeromagnetics with geology.
It is suited to both explorers and mappers, and covers the basic targeting concepts used in mineral, hydrocarbon and groundwater exploration.
The manual covers the following topics with numerous colour illustrations and images:
- Basic Physics
- Magnetisation of Rocks
- Structural Analysis from Aeromagnetic Data
- Data Acquisition and Processing
- Observation Methodology
- Integration Methodology
- Quantitative techniques and their role in interpretation
- Interpretation Strategies
- Aeromagnetics in Sedimentary Basins
- MENZIES - COMET VALE - GOONGARRIE Case Study - archaean granite-greenstone terrain
- PINE CREEK - GOLDEN DYKE Case Study - folded sedimentary Sequence with Mineralising Granites
- AMADEUS BASIN Case Study - Palaeozoic Sedimentary Basinwith Complex Thrust Margin
Download the eBook contents and introductory pages here:
The eBook is available NOW through the ASEG
The Geological Interpretation of Aeromagnetic Data eBook by Dave Isles and Leigh Rankin is supplied in PDF format on a disk.
Cost is AUD$100* (+GST for Australian purchasers), plus applicable postage.
* Discounts apply to ASEG (Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists) and SEG (Society of Exploration Geophysicists) members and students.
To order, select your preference below or for further information email email@example.com